Periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, is a serious disease caused by the breakdown of your gum tissue. The infection progresses over time, and can eventually lead to serious damage to your gums and eventual tooth loss. Many bad habits, including smoking or chewing tobacco, can increase your risk for the disease and the rate at which it spreads.
Are you showing any signs or symptoms of periodontal disease? Here are a few things to look for:
– Are your teeth loose or wobbly?
– Are your gums receding back away from your teeth exposing more surface area of your teeth?
– Are your gums constantly sore or tender to the touch?
– Are your gums swollen, bleeding, or visibly more red than usual?
– Do you often bleed when brushing or flossing?
– Do you have bad breath symptoms that continue to return?
– Are you taking any medications that list dry mouth as a side effect?
– Do you have large amounts of plaque build up around your teeth and gums?
If you are experiencing any signs of gum disease, speak with your dentist at All Care Dentistry to schedule an appointment with Dr. David Powell and our team at our dental office in Murray, Utah. We can be reached at 801-266-1414. We are happy to support all of your oral health needs!