Dental X-rays should be taken every 6-12 months, depending on your particular needs. X-rays help Dr. David Powell and our team diagnose hidden dental decay, impacted teeth, bone loss, cysts, abscesses, and more.
At All Care Dentistry, we provide you with top-of-the-line care by using digital X-rays, which have several advantages over traditional X-rays. Some of the benefits of digital X-rays include:
- Less radiation: Digital X-rays provide an 80% reduction in radiation.
- Enhanced comfort: Biting the paper tab used in taking traditional X-rays can be uncomfortable and push up against your mouth in awkward ways. Digital X-rays work differently by putting a small sensor in your mouth connected by a thin wire to a computer. X-rays are sent out to the sensor through your teeth to capture the image. The sensor can be moved to take other images.
- Rapid development: Typically, the X-ray results are ready in as short a time as 3 seconds.
- Magnified images: Digital X-rays are easily displayed at larger sizes. We are even able to magnify the image to show you a closeup of any tooth decay or abnormalities.
- Reduced environmental impact: Digital X-rays are electronic, which means they do not use any chemicals or film.
- Convenient claims processing: Digital images also make processing insurance claims faster.
X-rays are an important part of your dental visit because they help us diagnose problems that we cannot see on the surface of your smile. Digital X-rays are just one way we are working to make your visits better. If you would like to learn more about digital X-rays in Murray, Utah, and schedule your appointment with our dentist, please call 801-266-1414 today.